By Shaun Gallagher
Remarkable records and loopy connections—from the number-crunching genius in the back of a well-liked web publication. in response to findings on Correlated.org, this staggering and intensely humorous booklet offers bizarre-but-true correlations among probably unrelated things.
Based on day-by-day polls and statistical research, Gallagher reveals:
• those that favor omit Piggy to Kermit the Frog are greater than two times as most probably than normal to have tattoos
• individuals with physique piercings are two times as most probably because the ordinary individual to have deployed a fireplace extinguisher
• individuals with bumper stickers on their motor vehicle are much more likely than standard to have sq. danced
You'll by no means examine ballot effects or clinical sound bites an analogous means back!
Read Online or Download Correlated: Surprising Connections Between Seemingly Unrelated Things PDF
Best reference books
Even if you need to provoke associates and co-workers with new-found soccer knowledge, brush up on info you're uncertain approximately (the offside rule, a person? ) or increase your sensible talents, this can be the ebook for you! masking the entire fundamentals of the sport, principles and strategies, in addition to giving an in-depth background of the game and the way it has developed to the current day, this crucial advisor gets you in control at the preferred online game on the planet very quickly.
Writings through early mathematicians characteristic language and notations which are fairly varied from what we are conversant in at the present time. Sourcebooks at the heritage of arithmetic supply a few tips, yet what has been missing is a consultant adapted to the desires of readers drawing close those writings for the 1st time.
- Extraordinary Origins of Everyday Things
- Scripture Index to The New International Dictionary of New Testament Theology, and Index to Selected Extrabiblical Literature
- Adoption, Usage, and Global Impact of Broadband Technologies: Diffusion, Practice and Policy (Premier Reference Source)
- Reality rules: picturing the world of mathematics, volumes 1 and 2
- 801 Things You Should Know
- Stata Survival Analysis and Epidemiological Tables-Release 11
Additional resources for Correlated: Surprising Connections Between Seemingly Unrelated Things
20. ) is not used in MSU. 1000 1= 1 m 3 . 01 1000 10 9 100 REFERENCES 1. BHRA Fluid Engineering, Cranfield, Bedford, UK (1973) Pneumatic Transport of Solids in Pipes (lecture course). 2. A. and Haynes, W. (1979) Pneumatic transport of coal, paper A6, Proc. 3rd Int. Con! on Pneumatic Transport of Solids in Pipes, BHRA Fluid Engineering, Cranfield, Bedford, England. 3. J. (1982) Concept and results of pneumatic conveying of support materials in German underground mining, Proc. Pneuma tech I. International Conference of Pneumatic Conveying Technology, Powder Advisory Centre, London, 3-5 May.
A. F. (1960) Fluidisation and Fluid Particle Systems, Reinhold, New York. 6. Engineer Equipment Users Association (1963) Pneumatic Handling of Powdered Materials, Constable, London. 7. Kongskilde Maskinfarbrik Als, Denmark. 8. A. (1983) Pneumatic Conveying, John Wiley, New York, pp. 53-62. 9. Pfeffer, R. S. (1974) A review of drag reduction in dilute gas-solids suspension flow in tubes, Paper Fl, Proc. Int. Con! on Drag. Reduction, BHRA Fluid Engineering, Cranfield, UK. 10. D. (1978) An investigation into the influence of pressure pulsations on the flow characteristics of solids gaseous suspensions, PhD Thesis, University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg, South Africa.
45) Note that AL = 4fv A set of curves (Fig. 44) provides a quick method of obtaining the pressure loss for various air flow rates. IIII_: :1 2 3 I. nt top I L 2 3 I. 3 A set of curves produced using the Blasius equation. can be carried by various sizes of pipes at given velocities. (It is common practice to size compressed air mains in a velocity range 6- 9 m/s). 4. Resistance due to pipe fittings In a system layout where a complex pipe layout is required, it is essential that the pressure losses generated by pipe fittings are taken into account.
Correlated: Surprising Connections Between Seemingly Unrelated Things by Shaun Gallagher