By Rosa Vallejos Yopán
Read Online or Download A Grammar of Kokama-Kokamilla PDF
Similar grammar books
The antidote to Eats, Shoots and Leaves—an uproarious and intensely American language e-book in the event you are uninterested in getting pulled over by way of the grammar police
What do suicidal pandas, doped-up rock stars, and a unadorned Pamela Anderson have in universal? They’re all a heck of much more fascinating than examining approximately predicate nominatives and hyphens. June Casagrande understands this and has invented a complete new twist at the grammar e-book. Grammar Snobs Are nice enormous Meanies is a laugh-out-loud humorous choice of anecdotes and essays on grammar and punctuation, in addition to hilarious reviews of the self-appointed language specialists.
• I’m penning this whereas Naked—The Oh-So Steamy Predicate Nominative
• Semicolonoscopy—Colons, Semicolons, Dashes, and different Probing Annoyances
• I’ll Take "I suppose Like a Moron" for $200, Alex—When to place Punctuation inside of citation Marks
• Snobbery Up with that you are usually not positioned Up—Prepositions
• Is Dangler on your Memo or Are you simply joyful to work out Me?
• Hyphens—Life-Sucking, Mom-and-Apple-Pie-Hating, Mime-Loving, Nerd- Fight-Inciting Daggers of the Damned
Casagrande gives you functional and enjoyable language classes no longer stumbled on anyplace else, demystifying the topic and taking it again from the snobs. in brief, it’s a grammar e-book humans will really are looking to read—just for the thrill of it.
This quantity offers the 1st result of a long term examine undertaking, funded by way of the Italian executive, which goals at mapping out the nice practical constitution of sentences, nominal words, and different significant words making up sentences. specifically, it examines the sensible constitution of DPs (determiner words) and IPs (inflection phrases).
- Grammar in Progress: Glow Essays for Henk Van Riemsdijk
- Basic Spanish: A Grammar and Workbook (Grammar Workbooks) (English and Spanish Edition)
- Morphology and language history : in honour of Harold Koch
- English Coordinate Constructions: A Processing Perspective on Constituent Order
Extra info for A Grammar of Kokama-Kokamilla
4. The history they have gone through explains this situation. Nowadays, the language is no longer transmitted to children, and in many cases, the surviving speakers have noone with whom they can use the language on a daily basis. 6) are also discussed in this chapter. 1. Another salient feature is that the augmentative morpheme in Kokama is tua, while in Kokamilla it is tu. For instance, while in Kokama ‘bone’ is kanuara, in Kokamilla is produced as kuanara; while in Kokama ‘behind’ is tsakapɨrɨ, in Kokamilla is tsapakɨrɨ.
Asociación de Desarrollo y Conservación del Puinahua, ADECOP, created in 1992, consists of about 10 communities. At present, this is perhaps the most active organization representing more than 38 communities and 8000 peoples living along the lower Marañon and Amazon rivers. 22 Coordinadora Autónoma de Pueblos Indígenas de la Cuenca del Nanay, CAPICUNA, founded in 2001, comprises 9 communities of Boras, Huitotos and Kokamas. Federación Kukama del Bajo Nanay, FEKUBANA, founded in 2009, comprises 13 communities.
4. The Amazonian floodplain, one of the biggest tropical systems in the world, is perhaps the most productive environment in the region. These rivers are the upper Amazon, lower Huallaga, lower Ucayali, lower Marañon and their main tributaries, such as Nanay, Itaya, Pacaya and Samiria. In contrast, in the rainy season agriculture is favorable. One can also find a great diversity of medicine plants and trees, such as the lupuna —measuring up to 160 feet tall with a diameter of 10 feet— and, in certain areas, it is still possible to come across rubber trees which preserve the marks of the famous rubber exploitation.
A Grammar of Kokama-Kokamilla by Rosa Vallejos Yopán